How to Apply
The West Anaheim Medical Center Internal Medicine Residency Program accepts applications through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) for first year (PGY-1) positions. Applicants selected for interview will be invited through ERAS. We have implemented a standardized process of selection, which will take us several weeks to process. Applicants are encouraged to set up notifications in ERAS so they don’t miss any communications. We respectfully ask that all application inquiries be in writing via ERAS and be held until November 1st. No phone calls please.
We use a wholistic approach to our application review and although we have set some guidelines for the characteristics of an ideal application, we appreciate that sometimes life happens and it can sometimes derail even the best of intentions.
Our general guidelines are:
- No minimum USMLE/COMLEX score requirements, we look at pass/fail only, but do consider number of attempts
- The ideal applicant would have
- Been active clinically, either in medical school or working as an independent physician within the past 5 years
- A positive Medical School record (a single resolved issue is acceptable)
- A minimum of 3 LORs with one of them being from an Internal Medicine experience
- A Personal Statement demonstrating commitment to the Internal Medicine specialty
- At least 3 months of US Clinical experience
- Have excellent verbal and written English language skills, competency in Spanish language a plus
- Ties to Southern California a plus
Required Application Materials
- Personal statement demonstrating passion and dedication to the specialty of internal medicine and future goals
- Medical School Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- Transcripts from all medical schools attended
- Verifiable US Clinical Experience
- Outlining number of hours/weeks dedicated to each experience
- Three letters of recommendation, at least one from internal medicine
- USMLE and/or COMLEX transcripts
- Professional Photograph of yourself
- J-1 Visa sponsorship will be considered
For general information on the residency program contact firstname.lastname@example.org.